- Social Justice
- Student Life
Travel with a purpose. We do not base our travel on guide books–we take you deeper in order to explore the real issues of our travel destinations.Why combine travel and academics? It is often assumed that travel in itself is a learning experience. On the contrary, many young Americans travel through Europe but fail to reflect, integrate and act on the valuable lessons that can be gained from the experience.
In order to deepen the knowledge that one may acquire while traveling, academic “Road Work” is incorporated into the SHC Italy Center curriculum. The academic travel trips are led by Spring Hill College Italy faculty members and take students to destinations in Italy and across the broader Mediterranean region. Faculty are asked to design their courses in order to connect the classroom lessons with the travel programs. In keeping with the Spring Hill College goal of helping our students to become global thinkers, learners and collaborators, the Italy Center curriculum strives to offer a campus without walls.
- Social Justice Tour: Reconciliation through the lens of a Bosnian Muslim
- Internship Update: Arte Migrante fostering cultural exchange
- Cultural Friday’s Class on Site: The Massacre at Monte Sole
- Undergraduate Research; health care and Bologna’s Muslim community
- Partner Perspectives from the field (Puglia); the migrant crisis
no images were found